We plan to celebrate 100 years of worshipping in our building as a church. On May 23 of 1921 two churches decided to join together: St. Johannes of Hika and St. Petri of Cleveland, Wisconsin. The two churches began plans for building a new house of worship. On June 26, 1923 a dedication service was held and the two churches came together in worship. By God’s grace, for the past 100 years our gracious Lord has served his people here through word and sacraments.
9:00 am. We will have displays and slideshows and light refreshments.
10:00 am. Worship. We have several guests who will assist with the service: Rev. Henry Koch Jr. will preach. The Bode brothers, Rev. David, Douglas, and Kenneth will serve as lectors. Rev. Henry Koch Sr. will give the blessing at the end of the service.
11:00 am. Following worship a catered meal will be served in the church fellowship hall with a free will offering. We are requesting those who plan to attend the meal sign up in advance by June 13: https://forms.gle/cNvZ5Rk7oXYwBLdg6.